Many people think they want the government to be more in charge of things, and to run our healthcare system. However, that is not the America we want! Smaller government is better, trust me on this one.
Here are the top 10 most ridiculous ways that the government wasted your tax dollars in 2018. After you hear some of these, you may think twice about putting them in charge of more aspects of your life.
- $874,503 from tax money paid in was used to study the sexual habits of quails, wait for it, on cocaine. How exactly does this benefit the people in the slightest way?
- $2.4 million was spent on the study of daydreaming. I don't know about you, but it sounds like the government is dreaming if they think we want our money spent on this!
- $75,000 was wasted on blowing leaf blowers at lizards to see how they would react....you know, for science.
- $361,891 was thrown at studying horse and donkey hunting on an ancient peninsula....really?
- $50,000 was wasted on teaching female entrepreneurs in India how to vlog...as if they couldn't do like the rest of us and just look at youtube or Pinterest and pick up some pointers. Smh.
- $15,000 was spent on the funding of an opera about British Prince Harry....again, how did this benefit the American people?
- $200,000 was wasted on bringing social activist students from Britain to America....because that's all we need, more social justice warriors who think they know best about a country they are not a citizen of.
- $1.7 million of our taxes of used to fund holograms of dead comedians for a comedy show. I don't know about you, but I'm certainly not laughing.
- $725,000 was spent on teaching California students how to play instruments from a mariachi band.
- Last but not least, across 66 federal agencies, $96 billion was spent to save their fiscal budget for 2019.
Still think big brother knows best?