Former Texas Democrat Congressman Beto O'Rourke finally decided to withdraw from the 2020 race. It's been long established that he has zero chance of winning, so this was a long-overdue move.
O'Rourke drew a lot of attention for challenging Senator Ted Cruz for a Senate seat back in 2018. Despite having loads and loads of cash backing him he was unable to unseat Cruz.
Beot announced he was dropping out of the race for the Democratic nominee on Friday evening.
I am grateful to all the people who made up the heart and soul of this campaign. You were among the hundreds of thousands who made a donation, signed up to volunteer or spread the word about this campaign and our opportunity to help decide the election of our lifetime.
— Beto O'Rourke (@BetoORourke) November 1, 2019
Despite being "born for this," Beto has dropped out of the race. In his tweet, he said, “My service to the country will not be as a candidate or as the nominee."
President Trump wasted no time responding to the news of Beto dropping out of the race:
A big part of Beto O'Rourke's campaign has been his promise to come into the homes of Americans and confiscate their guns. This has created some serious backlash and several people have confronted O'Rourke over this promise.
More Stories on Beto O'Rourke:
- WATCH: Beto O'Rourke Takes His Worst Tongue Lashing Yet, This Time by a Fiery Connecticut Woman
- WATCH: Woman Confronts Beto O'Rourke - 'You're Not Getting Our Guns, Hell No, You're not'
- Bye, Bye Beto! O'Rourke Ends 2020 Presidential Run
- Beto O'Rourke Calls Netanyahu a 'Racist' During Iowa Campaign Event
- WATCH: Pete Buttigieg Tears Into At Beto On His Church Tax Policy
It's glad someone on Beto's team finally woke him up and got him to bow out of the race. No more of his fake, emotional speeches where he makes promises he will never be able to even get a chance to try to keep.