America has long been suspicious of China and its claims of such a low number of coronavirus cases and deaths even though they were the epicenter of where this all started and being the most populated country on the planet.
Their data that they've provided claims that only around 82,000 cases and 3,300 deaths have resulted from the virus in China.
However, based on some recent data gathered from an intelligence report, that number is likely astronomically higher. Based on numbers from an intelligence report, it's said that at least 21 million people have died in China from the virus.
According to the US, the intercepted data that shows that China underreported its coronavirus infections and deaths was validated for a second time when it tallied with a data released by Beijing authorities. Beijing announced on March 19 that over 21 million cell phone accounts in China were canceled in the past three months while 840,000 landlines were closed.
China had reported little over 81,000 infections with 3,300 deaths.
An earlier intelligence report released by the US that China hid scale of the outbreak was quickly rejected by Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying. Hua said the country had been “open and transparent” about the extent of the outbreak before accusing Washington of trying to “shift the blame.”
But US officials say the report has been authenticated and has been confirmed that the closing of the phones numbers were as result of deaths caused by coronavirus. “Cell phones are an indispensable part of life in China and its only closed when the user is dead”, the report said.
There is no way that this can be a coincidence for such a massive number of cell phone users to have their account closed in such a short period of time. The people who live in China are very dependent upon their phones for normal daily activities such as communication, but also buying train tickets, shopping, and even getting their pensions and social security.