Another Project Veritas bombshell from James O’Keefe and the boys. In this report Twitter admits to banning and censoring conservatives for political reasons.
The report features an undercover video where Twitter employees admit to “shadow banning” right leaning accounts. A shadow ban is when they are banned without knowing they were. Left-leaning accounts are able to get away with much more.
Pranay Singh, a Twitter employee, confirmed that Twitter algorithms are made to target right-leaning accounts.
“I would say majority of it are for Republicans,” Singh said.
Watch the video:
Per Daily Wire:
Key Takeaways from James O’Keefe’s report:
- Steven Pierre, Twitter engineer explains “shadow banning,” says “it’s going to ban a way of talking”
- Former Twitter software engineer Abhinav Vadrevu on shadow banning: “they just think that no one is engaging with their content, when in reality, no one is seeing it”
- Former Twitter Content Review Agent Mo Norai explains banning process: “if it was a pro-Trump thing and I’m anti-Trump… I banned his whole account… it’s at your discretion”
- When asked if banning process was an unwritten rule, Norai adds “Very. A lot of unwritten rules… It was never written it was more said”
- Olinda Hassan, Policy Manager for Twitter Trust and Safety explains, “we’re trying to ‘down rank’… shitty people to not show up,” “we’re working [that] on right now”
- “Shadow banning” to be used to stealthily target political views- former Twitter engineer says, “that’s a thing”
- Censorship of certain political viewpoints to be automated via “machine learning” according to Twitter software engineer
- Parnay Singh, Twitter Direct Messaging Engineer, on machine learning algorithms, “you have like five thousand keywords to describe a redneck…” “the majority of it are for Republicans”
James O’Keefe does it again. What an incredible report, putting Twitter on blast. Check out the reactions from Twitter.
— VeryStableGenius 🇺🇸 (@realestrickyro) January 10, 2018
Notice, James Okeefe uses the term #ShadowBan – Which means he's found Twitter employees openly discussing shadow banning ideas they want to censor. As I've been telling you – Due to the SJW's getting into Twitter, expect the worst. #ProjectVeritas @JamesOKeefeIII
— RogerStonesGhost (@EndDeepState) January 11, 2018
— Sandy 🚂 (@SickOfTheSwamp) January 11, 2018