When running for President, Donald Trump said the United States should ban Muslims from entering the United States “until we find out what the hell is going on.” This was in response to the San Bernardino attacks in December 2015. This upset many people, including Speaker of the House Paul Ryan. He felt the need to lecture Trump about the issue.
In April of 2016, a poll revealed that the majority of Americans support a banning of Muslims to enter the country.
Today, Trump is taking massive action on immigration. He is banning immigrants from 7 dangerous Muslim countries, including Syria. Per a report from the Daily Mail:
President Donald Trump will start rolling out executive actions on immigration Wednesday – beginning with an order to start building his wall along the border with Mexico.
The president is also expected to take action over the next few days to temporarily ban immigration from Muslim countries deemed a ‘threat to national security’ – namely Syria, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Yemen, Sudan, and Somalia.
In addition, Trump is set to sign other domestic immigration enforcement measures that will include targeting sanctuary cities that decline to prosecute undocumented aliens.
Another key policy shift being discussed is whether to scrap rules protecting hundreds of thousands of children of illegal immigrants from deportation.
In total over the next few days, Trump is expected to:
- Direct federal funds toward the construction of a wall along the southern border
- Target so-called ‘sanctuary’ cities that decline to prosecute undocumented aliens
Measures still being finalized and subject to change include:
- A four-month freeze on admission of all refugees
- Grant exceptions to Christians and other minorities fleeing Muslim persecution
- Halt visas to people from Syria, Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, and Yemen because the Muslim-majority countries are ‘terror prone’
- The visa bans would last at least 30 days while vetting processes are reviewed
- Stop protecting illegal immigrants who arrived in the US as children from deportation
President Trump Taking Massive Action on Immigration
President Trump is backing up his talk when it comes to protecting the United States. What do you think about this story? Let us know in the comments on Facebook. Share this story if you found it interesting.